Having a custom home is anyone’s dream. You get to choose everything, including the fixtures, layout, and design. But sometimes it can be difficult to think of the best design ideas for a home, especially if you’re trying to stay on-trend. So, if you’ve been dreaming about your perfect home but aren’t sure how to get it, keep reading for some top trending design ideas for 2022 and your custom home.
What’s Trending in New Homes?
New homes are popping up everywhere, and keeping track of the top trends might be difficult if you’re not the one living in these new homes. So, what’s new with homes in 2022? Big trends right now include smart technology. Think video camera doorbells and smart fridges. New homes are also leaning towards clean lines with a slightly modern feel, big kitchens, and bold colors.
Custom Home Design Trends 2022
Having a hard time deciding what to do with your custom home? Check out these top custom home design trends for 2022.
- Sustainable Materials: Going green has been a growing trend for the past few years, and it isn’t slowing down in 2022. A lot of custom homes are making use of sustainable materials by taking advantage of recycled, reclaimed, or repurposed materials such as wood and stone.
- Indoor/Outdoor Living: Even if you live in a frigid climate, bringing the outdoors inside is a trend that is booming right now. For warmer climates, seamless blending between indoors and outdoors should work to create a space that feels completely continuous. For colder temperatures, think big windows that almost bring the view inside your home.
- Minimalism: The old saying “less is more” has been around for such a long time for a reason. Minimalistic design is a growing trend in custom homes that includes clean lines, minimal decoration, and simple design.
- Technology: Including smart technology in your custom home can make living incredibly comfortable. Including things like smart speakers, video doorbells, mobile-controlled temperature and appliances, and a security system will give your custom home an added level of sophistication.
- Home Offices: Let’s face it. It’s 2022 and remote work is here to stay. If you’re setting up the floor plan for your custom home, be sure to include a home office. Even if you can’t see yourself using it right now, you never know. It will also be great for resale value.
- Pet Stations: If your pet is like another child for you, why not include a little pet station in your custom home? This could include a whole bedroom for your pets. A more functional space might have an area to wash your pets comfortably.
Schedule A Project Meeting
Building a custom home can be overwhelming at first. But, if you’re armed with great ideas like these, your custom home will look beautiful, and like everything you’ve ever dreamed of. If you’re looking to build your next home in Prescott, Arizona, RES Contracting is the company for you. We have years of experience helping people build amazing custom homes in the communities that surround Prescott. Call us today at 928-776-0301 to schedule a meeting and review your project with a member of our team.