Building a custom home in Prescott is a dream come true for many. Most people only think about the design features inside their new home, but the outside of your home is important, too. If you’re looking for some exterior design ideas for your custom home, we’ve got a few to get you started.
How Do You Design Exterior?
The exterior design process can be complicated, especially if you’ve never done it before. The outside of your home is more than just landscaping – it’s an entire list of elements that must be taken into account. You should consider the basics like your roof and paint color, but also take into account the environment surrounding your home, any local codes or laws, and how you can make the outside of your house cohesive with the inside.
How Do I Make My Exterior House Look Modern?
Many people want to spruce up the exterior of their home to make it look more modern. Luckily, there are several ways to do this that fit into about almost any budget. The simplest way to achieve a modern home exterior is to add a fresh layer of paint using bold colors on window trims. If your budget is a bit larger, you can do things like installing large windows, using concrete siding, or creating a large, inviting entryway.
Exterior Design Ideas
Designing your home’s exterior can be just as fun as designing its interior. Sometimes, it’s even more fun if you really lean into your home’s natural surroundings and find ways to make it fit perfectly with the lot on which it’s located. Your custom home will be impressive inside and out with these exterior design ideas:
- Install a Large Driveway and Garage. A large driveway will impress your guests and neighbors while adding a fun design feature to your home. Use a cool stone to really make it stand out.
- Add a Fence. Fences add a lot of privacy to your home while also acting as a design element. You can choose the classic white picket fence, wrought iron, or opt for something different like horizontal wood paneling.
- Exterior Lighting. Exterior lighting will make outdoor living at night much more comfortable. It will also make your home shine at night, creating an inviting, cozy feeling.
- Invest in Good Landscaping. Never underestimate the power of great landscaping. Even if you don’t consider yourself a plant person, landscaping your home is more about adding shrubs. It’s all about integrating your home with the natural environment. Great landscaping can completely change your home’s exterior for the better.
- Get a Green Roof. A roof is an essential part of any exterior home design. If you’re trying to build a green home, bring that effort outside by creating a green roof. Also called living roofs, these roofs have vegetation and other plants on top of several layers, one of which is a waterproof membrane. They absorb rainwater, regulate your home’s temperature, and are incredibly durable.
Review Your Design With Our Custom Home Experts
If you’re looking to build your next home in Prescott, Arizona, RES Contracting is the company for you. We have years of experience helping people in the communities that surround Prescott build exceptional custom homes, inside and out. Call us today at 928-776-0301 to schedule a meeting and review your project with a member of our team.