If you’re looking to build a custom home, the most important thing you can do is find a good custom home builder. Choosing the right custom home builder for you doesn’t only mean that they have the experience and skills. You also have to find someone who works well with you and understands your vision. Make sure you hire the best custom home builder for your project by knowing the right questions to ask your custom home builder.
Are you looking to hire a custom home builder in Prescott, Arizona? RES Contracting has over 30 years of experience helping people build the custom homes of their dreams in the Prescott area.
Questions To Ask Your Custom Home Builder
Knowing the right questions to ask a potential custom home builder can make all the difference in your project. If you want the home of your dreams, ask these questions to get the best builder.
- How long have you been building custom homes? If you’re going to be paying a custom builder to create your dream home, you need to make sure they have the right amount of experience.
- Can I see your portfolio? An experienced custom home builder should have a portfolio ready to share that’s filled with past projects.
- Do you use contractors? If you want to know if your custom builder uses other contractors on their projects, this question is essential.
- When will I know the final price of my home? Most builders can offer you an upfront price estimate and will ensure they stay within the designated range throughout the project. Others may offer a base price and work from there.
- How much say will I have in the design of my home? Some people want more say in the design of their home than others. Clarify how your potential builder works with homeowners on a custom design.
- Do you help with the design process? Some builders offer in-house design services, which can make your building process much more manageable. If this is something you’re interested in, you should ask about it.
- What is your home-building process? Ask the builder to give you a step-by-step rundown of their typical process of building a custom house. That way, you’ll be able to identify any steps that you don’t like.
- How long will it take for my custom home to be built? It’s important to have an estimated move-in date before starting your project, even if the date changes. You can also ask the builder how often they complete projects on time.
- Does your building process include landscaping? Not all builders offer landscaping services on custom home projects. If you’re interested in landscaping services, ask your potential builder if it’s something they do.
- Will my home come with a warranty? Many custom home builders offer warranties on newly constructed houses to give homeowners time to get situated with their homes. Make sure to ask whether your builder provides warranties.
Build Your Custom Home in Prescott
If you’re looking to build a custom home in Prescott, Arizona, RES Contracting is the company for you. We have decades of experience helping people build exceptional custom homes in the communities that surround Prescott. Call us today at 928-776-0301 to schedule a meeting and review your project with a member of our team.