Prescott is an ideal summer playground for those who love the outdoors and enjoy a wide choice of hometown activities. There is an abundance of riches when it comes to outdoor activities and the weather could not be more perfect in summer. That is why so many people build their summer homes here. No matter what your hobby or interests, no matter your age or that of your family and guests, Prescott has what you are looking for.
Prescott Weather Is Great All Year
Prescott is wonderful year-round since there are four lovely, temperate seasons, but summer is a truly special time here. Summer days stay between 70 and 90 degrees for the majority of the summer, but even those days above 90 degrees feel very comfortable. In fact, many of our summer nights are “light sweater” weather, especially after a monsoon rain. The sun shines 277 days of the year, but never brighter than in the summer. Our weather makes us a perfect spot for all kinds of hobbies, activities, and socializing, but that isn’t all. Prescott has our charming and thriving downtown, fascinating events, and interesting day trips within easy reach.
Our residents, whether summer visitors, retirees or year-round inhabitants find life here both relaxing and rejuvenating. As custom builders, we intimately know all the perfect neighborhoods for special interests. Whether your family is looking for a golfing-focused, equestrian-focused, age differentiated, super social, or more private development, we can help. The amazing lure of our wonderful environment means we have almost anything you could be looking for.
Active Living In Prescott
Active and vibrant retirees love Prescott, families love Prescott, summer visitors love having a second mountain home here, and every type of family can feel at home living here full-time or part-time. There is no animosity to part-timers or transplants like other regions experience. To have a town with this level of amenities, this much beauty, and no pretentiousness or contentiousness is why we are such a special and unique place to choose to move or build your home.
Summer in Prescott ideal for:
- Amazing hiking and backpacking trails, and great rock climbing spots. From the famous Granite Dells to Thumb Butte Trail to Wolf Creek Falls you can enjoy the pines, the views, and even Native American ruins on your trail.
- Cycling and mountain biking in beautiful terrain; beginner to challenging trails.
- Beautiful lakes for kayaking, canoeing, boating, paddle boarding, and all lakeside recreation.
- Golfing in remarkably designed courses. Enjoy an annual cowboy golf tourney for fun and community.
- Equestrian activities and communities, including western traditions.
- Fishing for every angler with a variety of lakes to visit over the summer.
- Excellent birdwatching on our many lakes and hiking regions.
- A wide variety of enriching camps for youngsters.
- Hometown festivals and gatherings like Frontier Days and the world’s oldest rodeo.
- Visiting museums, art venues, the opera house, and nearby archeological sites.
- Interesting restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and the world-famous, history-rich Whiskey Row.
- Travel to nearby mining towns, Native American ruins, and tourist towns like Sedona, and Oak Creek Canyon in a pleasant day trip. Weekend trips to the Grand Canyon and the Petrified forest are an easy and special memory-making jaunt, too.
You can see that there is a summer activity for everyone in our friendly community. You can be sure to find your niche in Prescott, and if we can help you build your summer custom home in your dream spot, just reach out to us and we can make it easy. Call us at 928-776-0301. You can also visit our site at https://prescottbuilder.com/ to see our award-winning work.