We are excited to share our favorite unique ideas for a Prescott custom home. The beautiful surroundings, the seasons, and the unique natural bounty of the area all create opportunities to craft innovative touches that can make your home truly stand out and reflect your aesthetic.
If you are in the beginning stages of choosing to build, or if you have already begun gathering ideas, you likely already know what you want in a kitchen and for your bathrooms, and even some special bonus rooms. You might even have envisioned the overall design. But what will make your home truly stand out is the unique touches you add because they appeal to you and make sense for your chosen lot.
Here are some ways to make your home truly unique and truly your own in Prescott:
- Side porches, solariums, walkways, and outdoor living spaces with dramatic architectural elements. Use the outdoors to expand your living area and take advantage of any dramatic or attractive features. You can also create drama with architectural elements.
- Floor to ceiling windows to take advantage of your views. These are especially dramatic in unexpected areas like walk-in showers or hallways. They don’t have to be floor to ceiling to create drama, though. The unexpected use of a view, even a tiny window centered on a feature outside, can surprise and charm you.
- Allowing the natural elements of your home site to bring outdoor life to your interior using on-site trees, boulders, and plants. This can be something simple like retaining boulders or trees in a porch area or creating a nature wall indoors, or it can be as complex as creating a window surrounding a tree inside your living room.
- Unique doors, windows, and entrance features to welcome you and bring the Prescott feeling inside. You can use wood from the region or even hire artists to make special additions that really connect the indoors and outdoors.
- Dramatic fireplaces that take advantage of the views, incorporate natural elements or get that ski lodge feeling with local stonework.
- Perhaps the most amazing feature of all can be the use of eco-friendly building materials and choices that align with your values. All of our builds integrate Green Building technology and employ Energy Star techniques. We can help you can take that as far as you want since we are LEED-certified and have other prestigious certifications that you can rely on.
We know that anyone building a custom home researches features and designs, but we also want to encourage you to think back to all of your favorite places. Any place you’ve ever been can provide inspiration. Your previous homes, friends’ homes, resorts, a favorite park. Inspiration is everywhere, we like to recommend you take this chance to make your home feel really special to you.
Building a custom home means you get to determine what is most important to you and bring that to life. If you want to see the beautiful pines on your property from every room, you can arrange that. If you want to have access to the outdoors from every corner of the home, that can be designed. Is your home going to have a wide-open feeling with cozy nooks and crannies, or is it going to feel like a dramatic and luxurious wood cabin? We are here to help you bring your vision to life.
With all these gorgeous features to add to your custom design, you are sure to create the Prescott home of your dreams. Visit this page to see our custom homes gallery and call us to schedule a design meeting at 928-776-0301.