Finally getting the chance to build the home of your dreams is just as fun as it sounds – when you have the right builder. A good residential home builder can make the difference between a custom home project that runs smoothly and one that doesn’t. That’s why it’s important to understand what to know when hiring a residential home builder. By arming yourself with knowledge, you’ll ensure a positive experience as you build the custom home of your dreams.
8 Tips For Hiring A Custom Builder In Prescott, Arizona
- Know What You’re Looking For. Before you start reaching out to different builders in your area, it is essential that you understand what you want in your custom home. If you’re interested in a certain neighborhood, there may be specific contractors that work in that neighborhood. Additionally, if you want a home with specific features, such as green building techniques, make sure you look for a builder with that experience and expertise.
- Get Recommendations. If you don’t know how to begin looking for a custom builder, asking your friends, family, and co-workers for recommendations is a great place to start.
- Ask the Right Questions. As you meet with different contractors, make sure you’re asking the right questions. Ask about projected timelines, estimated project costs, and the builder’s design and building process. For a complete list of questions, check out our post on the best questions to ask your custom home builder.
- Check Reviews. If you’re having difficulty deciding which custom builder to hire, checking for reviews online is a great way to learn more about each builder. You can also ask others if they or someone they know has experience working with the builder.
- Tour Past Projects. When hiring a custom home builder, it’s crucial to see their past work. By seeing what they’ve done in the past, you’ll get an idea of the quality, look, and feel of their finished project. Always ask to see their portfolio and, if you can, see if you can tour one of their past projects in-person.
- Verify Credentials. All custom home builders in Arizona must be licensed contractors. Make sure the builder you’re hiring has the proper credentials to do the job.
- Understand Timelines and Workflow. Every custom builder works differently. When meeting with each one, make sure you take the time to understand their timeline estimates and workflow process fully. Some builders will involve you more, while others only reach out with questions or essential updates. Depending on the expectations you have for your custom home project, knowing this information could be pivotal in helping you make a decision.
Prescott Residential Home Building Experts
R.E.S. Contracting has been helping people build exceptional custom homes in Prescott, Arizona, since 1987. If you’re looking to build your dream home in Prescott, Arizona, call us today at 928-776-0301 to schedule a meeting and review your project with a member of our team.